“OITO SOLOS + 1″ is looking for one female dancer
The idea behind this project is to connect “Grupo Oito”, a collective of independent choreographers, with other artists from the contemporary dance scene. Its aim is to initiate an exchange between various cultural identities, which are expressed in movement and body language.
- the possibility of a joint performance in the Mime Centrum in Bethanien/Berlin with an audience discussion;
- one day of exchange and discussion between the participants on the working process, approaches, difficulties, discoveries, etc;
Mime centrum, Berlin, Germany
When: 01.07. & 02.07.16
Deadline for applications: 31.05.16
In the project “Oito Solos + 1” each solo critically examines an aspect of our society in an individual manner. In our 5th round of “Oito Solos + 1” we would like to give the space for female perspectives. Therefor we are looking for Solos whose author is a woman.
How to apply:
The project is thereby intended not only to offer a platform for the artists to exchange ideas on their work – due to their varying constellations the individual performances each also appear in a different light to the audience. Continuously changing aspects of our society are articulated and shall thus provide diverse perspectives on our environment. The project shall serve for communication, networking and mutual enrichment and support.
If you are interested please send the following documents:
- a short letter of motivation
- a short description of your solo
- Video without edition, per link (Facebook, Vimeo, Youtube) or file by email
- References about your work if possible
- a paragraph about you
- a portrait picture
- The performance is scheduled for 01.&02.07.2016
- day of preparation and exchange for 30.06.16
- please be available in the week before performance from 27.06.16
- Structure should not be complex, just one light, studio stage
- The Solo’s duration should be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15 minutes
Attention: This is a project without funding; unfortunately we cannot offer fee!